If you are a fan of Baccarat, you’ll be a fan of Fairway Casino and our fantastic dealers. We know how important it is that this game is dealt professionally in every way, and we deliver. Baccarat is the perfect game for you to challenge the house. Attractive odds, exciting, and perfect for those of you that like to wager strategically.
Click on the Live Demo image to the left to check out the Fairway Live Baccarat Table
For information on how to play Baccarat please see below!
What is Live Baccarat?
Baccarat is deemed to be a glamorous, high limits card game of chance using eight decks of cards. In Live Baccarat all face cards and 10's have no face value. Aces through nine are counted as their respective face value; Aces are equal to one. Any value that reaches a double digit number, the ten digit is automatically dropped. Players may bet on three different options: the Player, the Banker or a Tie. The different betting options are simply tags. They do not refer to the actual player or live dealer. Our live croupier deals two cards face down to both the Player and the Banker.
How to Play Live Baccarat
In order to play, you will need to place a bet on either the Player, Banker or on a Tie. The goal in Baccarat is to reach 9 points (sum of cards). If the Player or Banker wins, the payout is even money. However, a winning Banker entitles a 5% commission. If a Tie bet wins you receive a payout of 8 to 1. The minimum bet that may be placed in our live Baccarat game is €0.1 and the maximum bet allowed is €500.
Fairway Casino's authentic dealer will deal two cards to the Player hand and the Banker hand. The Player hand is always dealt first. If the third-card rule permits, a third card may be dealt to the Player or the Banker or to both. Our software makes these called for decisions automatically, so there is no need for you to learn the third-card rules.
Player's Third-Card Rule
- If the first two cards that are dealt to both the Player or the Bank equal 8 or 9, then a third card is not drawn. This is called a Natural. When a Natural occurs, no further action occurs.
- A Player's hand draws a third card if the Player's total hand is less than or equal to 5.
- If the sum of the Player's cards is 6 or more, then the Player's hand does not draw a third card, and the Bank's hand stands on 6 or more and takes a third card when the sum is 5 or less.
If the Player's hand does not take a third card, then the following rules determine if the Bank's hand takes a third card.
Bank's Third-Card Rule
- If the sum of cards is 2 or less, the Bank will draw a third card despite the Player's hand.
- If the sum of cards is 3, the Bank will draw a third card unless the Player's third card was an 8.
- If the sum of cards is 4, the Bank will draw a third card unless the Player's third card was a 0, 1, 8, or 9.
- If the sum of cards is 5, the Bank will draw a third card unless the Player's third card was a 4, 5, 6, or 7.
- If the sum of cards is 6, the Bank will draw a third card unless the Player's third card was a 6 or 7.
- If the sum of cards is 7, the Bank will not draw a third card (the Bank stands).
Once the croupier has followed through with the third card rule for both the Player and the Banker, the winning hand closest to 9, without going over, will be proclaimed the winner.